Senior media buyers for hundreds of the world’s biggest brands are predicting 43 per cent of EU consumer audience data will be unusable after the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) came into force on 25th May 2018.
Ad Tech Daily has reported that a full 43% of EU customer data is unusable. We have this seen this source, as well as others, report a likely drop in programmatic spend in the EU. We wonder how this will effect the US market. Some of our key questions are:
- Should we see a bump in programmatic spend in the US?
- Will brands reallocate those dollars?
- Will the US follow suit with similar privacy laws?
- Is this temporary until media buyers get more saavy with the spirit of the law?
- How will year end spend be affected?
Only time will tell, but it certainly will be interesting.